Kantar Worldpanel Brand Footprint is the world’s largest study of consumer choice, tracking the purchasing behavior of over 200 million households in 53 countries. The report provides insights into the most chosen FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) brands in the world, and identifies the key growth drivers for brands in different regions.
The 2022 Kantar Worldpanel Brand Footprint report found that the global FMCG market experienced overall value growth of 5.3% in 2021, driven by increased prices and rising incomes. However, volume consumption grew at a slower pace compared to price increases, as consumers became more price-conscious.
As a result of this trend, brands face heightened competition, especially from smaller and local brands. The 2022 Kantar Worldpanel Brand Footprint report celebrates the brands that have found their ways to win consumers in a time of uncertainties.
Here are some of the key findings from the report:
- Unilever is the most chosen FMCG brand in the world, with a presence in over 190 countries.
- Procter & Gamble is the second most chosen FMCG brand in the world, with a focus on household and personal care products.
- Nestle is the third most chosen FMCG brand in the world, with a strong presence in the dairy and beverage sectors.
- Coca-Cola is the most chosen beverage brand in the world, with a presence in over 200 countries.
- PepsiCo is the second most chosen beverage brand in the world, with a focus on soft drinks and snacks.
- Samsung is the most chosen electronics brand in the world, with a strong presence in the smartphone and TV markets.
- L’Oréal is the most chosen beauty brand in the world, with a wide range of products for men and women.
- P&G Health is the most chosen health and wellness brand in the world, with a focus on baby care, feminine care, and over-the-counter medicines.
- Mondelēz International is the most chosen snack brand in the world, with a wide range of products including chocolate, cookies, and crackers.
- Colgate-Palmolive is the most chosen oral care brand in the world, with a focus on toothpaste, toothbrushes, and mouthwash.
The report concludes that in order to win consumer choice in the world, brands need to leverage growth drivers such as:
- Increased presence: Brands need to ensure that their products are available in as many places as possible, both online and offline.
- Expanded categories: Brands need to offer a wider range of products to meet the needs of different consumers.
- Continuous innovation: Brands need to keep innovating to stay ahead of the competition.
- Creating more meaningful moments for consumers: Brands need to create experiences that connect with consumers on a deeper level.
The 2022 Kantar Worldpanel Brand Footprint report is a valuable resource for brands that are looking to succeed in the global market. The report provides insights into the shopping habits of consumers around the world and identifies the key growth drivers for FMCG brands in different regions. Brands that can leverage these insights will be well-positioned to win consumer choice in the years to come.
Here are some additional insights from the report:
- Local brands are gaining ground in many markets, with brands like Maggi (India), Mengniu Dairy (China), and Indomie (Indonesia) making significant gains in recent years.
- The rise of e-commerce is disrupting the traditional retail landscape in many markets, with brands that are able to successfully transition to online channels gaining a competitive advantage.
- Sustainability is becoming increasingly important to consumers around the world, with brands that are able to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability gaining traction with consumers.
The Kantar Worldpanel Brand Footprint 2022 report is a must-read for brands that are looking to succeed in the global market. The report provides valuable insights into the trends that are shaping the global consumer landscape and identifies the key growth drivers for FMCG brands in different regions.